Decidedly Academic. Distinctively Christian.
Valentine’s day is quickly approaching and many of us are focused on what to get our sweetheart. Valentine’s day can be a time to celebrate more than romance, it can be a day to take a break from the daily chaos of family life and let your little ones know just how special and loved they really are. Here are some ways to inject a little fun into every day of the year, and make your children feel treasured always.
1. Listen to your child without interrupting
2. Hold hands often
3. Spend one on one time with each child
4. Admit when you are wrong
5. Always give your child hello and goodbye kisses
6. Display their art work
7. Play with your child. Don’t be afraid to be silly.
8. Pray with your child
9. Read stories every night
10. Greet them every time they come into the room
11.Nurture self-esteem and self-confidence by praising good effort and a job well done, not just results.
12. Get out the photo album or baby book and talk about their beginnings.
Love to a child is spelled T-I-M-E. In sharing life’s joys and pleasures with you, your child feels good about themself because he/she has a reminder that “Mommy and Daddy always love me!”